SAFe® for Government with SAFe® 5 Government Practitioner certification
Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building technology-based capabilities is especially challenging in the government context. Issues of legacy governance, contracting, and organizational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies. During this two-day course, attendees will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Attendees gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. They’ll also get practical advice on building high performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe. Attendees also learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change in government.
To perform the role of a SAFe® for Government leader, attendees should be able to:
- Transition government programs from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
- Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
- Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
- Identify and internalize the mindset and leader behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
- Follow success patterns for SAFe implementations adapted to the government context
- Build a preliminary outline of next steps to begin and/or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your program or agency
- Students may earn a SAFe® Government Practitioner Certification upon successfully completing this course and a written exam.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDUs toward continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP or PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
Attendees typically include:
- Government and Contractor Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Contracting Officers and Administrators
This course will be taught by a certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC5) instructor.
Course Fee $995 per person (early bird, corporate, and volume discounts may apply)
- Registrants who cancel at least fifteen (15 days) before the start of the course will receive a full refund.
- Registrants who cancel between eight (8) and fourteen (14) days before the start of the course may register for another course offered by 321 Gang within a six (6) months. The course tuition may be of the same or less than the tuition for the original course, or the registrant may pay the difference for courses with higher tuition fees. No refunds will be given.
- Registrants who cancel seven (7) days or less before the start of the course will forfeit the tuition. No refunds will be issued or changes allowed.
- 321 Gang reserves the right to cancel any course offering up to 14 days before the start of class. A full refund or a seat in another class of equal value will be offered. 321 Gang is not responsible for any costs incurred by students as a result of a cancellation.