What's New in SAFe 5.0 for Large, Cyber-Physical System Builders
SAFe 5.0 was released late last year and introduced many new, big ideas centered around the enterprise – Business Agility, Organizational Agility, Continuous Learning Culture, Customer-Centricity, and Design Thinking. In addition, there are many other, more subtle, ‘behind the Big Picture’ changes.
The question for large system builders is, ‘what guidance do all these changes provide for our really big systems that include hardware, extended supply chains, regulatory concerns, and other challenges?
In this presentation, we’ll discuss how these new SAFe additions provides benefits to organizations building large, cyber-physical systems. We will also break down the practices in Enterprise Solution Delivery competency including new guidance around organizing supplier and supply chains and addressing continuous delivery for large cyber-physical systems.
Short on time? Jump to these “chapters” in the video player above:
- 0:04:42 – What are some of the major changes in SAFe 5.0?
- 0:08:06 – How do we architect for scale, modularity, release-ability, and serviceability?
- 0:12:56 – What does frequent integration look like?
- 0:18:01 – How can you manage the supply chain with system-of-systems thinking?
- 0:30:09 – How do we build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline?
Justifying the Cost of an Agile Release Train (ART)
Let’s build the beginnings of a business case to determine some of the benefits we hope to realize by adopting SAFe.
Calculate what “Rework” is Costing Your Organization and learn how you can justify the cost of funding a pilot Agile Release Train (ART) in your organization.Read More