IBM Engineering Insider Series | Scaled Agile meets Global Configuration Management
Many large clients are exploring IBM’s Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) global configuration management capabilities to enable parallel and variant development. At the same time, they are looking to embrace enterprise Scaled Agile (SAFe® ) principles to drive increased business value from their development activities.
Can you do both? YES! In this session, we’ll explore how to combine these two approaches to increase efficiency and maximize value.
Short on time? Jump to these “chapters” in the video player above:
- 0:02:56 – What are some of the major challenges engineering organizations are faced with?
- 0:08:34 – How can we optimize global engineering processes?
- 0:13:27 – What does organize around value mean and why does it matter?
- 0:26:40 – How does SAFe “map to” an organizational structure?
- 0:31:54 – What is a value stream?
- 0:33:54 – What is a solution train?
- 0:35:50 – How would a Value Stream and Solution Train be implemented in an organization? Can you give us an example?
Whitepaper: Optimizing the Engineering life cycle requires digital transformation
Customer and market demands are driving the need for companies to overhaul their old methods for newer, more agile processes that optimize the entire engineering life cycle. Learn how to overcome modern engineering challenges by downloading this whitepaper.Read More
SAFe + Test Management
Built-In quality is one of the Scaled Agile Framework’s (SAFe) four Core Values and a core principle of the Lean-Agile Mindset. Understanding how to leverage Rational Quality Manger (RQM) during the development process can ensure compliance by enabling continuous verification & validation.
Keeping track of what needs to be tested and how is critical for success.
Ovum Report 2019: Selecting an ALM and DevOps Solution
Who are the leaders in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and DevOps Solutions? Download the 2019-2020 Ovum Report here.Read More