IBM Rational DOORS Check-Up
Why Should I Have a DOORS Check-Up?
If you’re comfortable with using IBM Rational DOORS in day-to-day operations, it may be time to verify that DOORS is supporting your requirements effectively and efficiently.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Could your users be more productive and effective at requirements management?
- Are you easily able to gather reliable metrics about your requirements?
- Are your requirements still consistent and able to address your governance and compliance needs, or has the architecture degraded over time?
- Are you able to produce consistently reliable and comprehensive traceability matrices?
Who Should Have a Check-Up?
The IBM Rational DOORS Check-up is specifically designed for:
- DOORS operations that have defined a DOORS architecture and want to validate that it is still being followed and not degraded
- DOORS operations that are experiencing performance issues when opening Modules, etc.
- DOORS operations that have never gone through a formal architecture definition and set-up process and have been using DOORS for six months or more
- Anyone who wants to know the current state of health for a DOORS operation
What is the process?
The DOORS Check-Up is a two-day onsite service. Using tools developed by the Gang’s Professional Services experts, one of our consultants will examine your DOORS database. The consultant will analyze the information and create a Check-Up Report. This report includes a health assessment of your DOORS operation, a list of specific issues, and detailed recommendations to improve your DOORS operation.
What’s Covered in the Check-Up?
A DOORS Check-Up examines the following aspects of your DOORS implementation:
- Current Link structure (including Link Modules and Linksets)
- Use of ‘DOORS links’
- Link enforcement
- Access rights management
- Attribute consistency
- Use of sharable edit
- Opening times of Modules
- Use of baselines
- Potential areas for clean-up
What are the Requirements for a Check-Up?
- While onsite, the 321 Gang consultant will need full access to your DOORS implementation.
- The 321 Gang consultant will need either the use of one of your computers (with a minimum of 2 GB of RAM and a DOORS client installed) or the ability to connect his/her computer to your DOORS database