SAFe Value Stream and ART Identification WorkshopOrganize for value
Before launching an Agile Release Train (ART), enterprise stakeholders need to work together to identify Value Streams, define ARTs, and define the necessary steps for the first ART launch.
The SAFe® Value Stream and ART Identification Workshop Toolkit provides the resources an SPC4 needs to facilitate a Value Stream and ART Identification Workshop. The workshop presents a structured, proven approach for collaborating with stakeholders to define Value Streams and ARTs.
The workshop helps stakeholders optimize their design by considering coordination requirements, dependencies, Epic distribution, and organizational change impact. This workshop is often run immediately following a Leading SAFe® course attended by key stakeholders. After the Value Stream and ART Identification Workshop is complete, the SAFe® Program Increment Toolkit can be used to prepare for the first ART launch.
The Value Stream and ART Identification Workshop toolkit includes a PowerPoint briefing with collaborative exercises. The toolkit also contains supporting materials to define Development Value Streams and ARTs, and support ART Validation testing.
Leading SAFe or Implementing SAFe (recommended for dedicated members of the transformation team)
- Executive sponsors and Program Management Officer (PMO)
- Certified SAFe® Program Consultants (SPCs) and change agents
- Release Train Engineers and Agile coaches
- Gain an overview of the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Learn how to identify value streams and ARTs
- Select the first value stream and ART to get your first ‘short-term win’
- Understand the considerations in designing ARTs to realize the
- Begin planning for the launch of the initial ART(s)
- Understand how to successfully repeat the launching of more ARTs
and value streams