IBM Engineering Workflow Management for Developers
Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) is an integrated software development solution that supports and automates the latest development practices for continuous delivery, adaptive planning, project visibility, and team communication. It enables interaction and collaboration among all participants in the systems development process and provides an integrated solution for configuration management, change management, defect tracking, build management, and project visibility.
This course shows developers how to collaborate using these software best practices with EWM. The class discusses task management, source control, build management, and dashboards. Participants learn how to collaborate on source changes, baseline software versions, build those changes, and view progress in dashboards. Participants also learn advanced EWM topics including multi-stream development, custom work types, and supporting reviews.
Onsite or Online
Exercises use Java source files, but prior Java experience is not required
- Understand how EWM supports agile best practices for systems and software development. Use Team Concert in a collaborative environment by defining work, performing work, merging work changes in to the repository, and continuously building those changes. Communicate status and trends with EWM dashboards and reports.
- Introduction to best practices and EWM
- Organizing activities with work items, including custom work item
- Release and iteration planning
- Configuration management, including multi-stream development
- Build management
- Project dashboards and reporting
This basic course is for:
Engineers and Developers
Printed student manuals and workbooks