IBM Engineering Optimization – Publishing Essentials
This 1-day course teaches you the basics of configuring and generating PUB documents. The course uses DOORS Next as a data source, but the concepts apply to other ELM tools. To include generating content that pulls from more than one ELM tool. For example, a Requirements Document that pulls content from the Architecture model or test case with content form the Architecture.
Onsite or Online
You should have:
- Basic knowledge about XML files and XML schema definitions
- Some knowledge of Telelogic DOORS, Telelogic Tau, Rational RequisitePro, or Rational ClearQuest
- Some knowledge of Object Oriented concepts such as inheritance and encapsulation
- How to generate existing PUB documents.
- How to create PUB document templates.
- Selecting data sources.
- Document layout and formatting.
- Dynamic Data Sources.
- How to create PUB document specifications.
- Selecting and configuring the output format for the document.
- Specifying the location of the information in the repository.
- How to deploy the documents so others can generate the documents you have configured.
This basic course is for:
- Project support teams
- System and software engineers
- Program or project managers
Printed student manuals and workbooks