Wabtec Corporation Case Study
This case study of Wabtec is based on a May 2023 survey of 321 Gang customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.
“The IBM Solutions are helping us to consolidate various forms of lifecycle data from a set of disparate toolsets into one application suite that provides connectivity across all. IBM Solutions are flexible in that they are easily configurable to make the data look and feel like the data users are used to seeing.”
“The 321 Gang team members are open and always willing to help out. They are intelligent and easy to talk to and assist with collaborating on a solution vs. telling us what to do. They listen and try to fully understand the problem we are trying to solve to help us to figure out the best solution forward.”
What challenges were you experiencing with your previous solution before switching to IBM Rational/Engineering tools using 321 Gang?
- Poor traceability between tools
- Fragmented information
- Inefficient collaboration
- Lack of project visibility
- Inconsistent processes
- Difficulty meeting compliance and regulatory reporting needs
- Didn’t include all the functions/features we wanted
Which IBM Rational/Engineering solutions has your organization been using?
- Rational Team Concert/IBM Engineering Workflow
- IBM DOORS Next
What are your most important service needs when using 321 Gang services for IBM Rational/Engineering solutions?
- Navigating IBM support
- Expanding adoption
The surveyed company achieved the following results with 321 Gang:
What were the most valuable aspects/features of IBM Rational/Engineering solutions in your decision to choose these products over other solutions?
- End-to-end engineering management
- Collaborative environment amongst IBM tools
- Scalability and flexibility
- Partner support from 321 Gang
What benefits have you experienced after using IBM Rational/Engineering solutions?
- Improved productivity
- Better decision-making
- Improvements after using IBM Rational/Engineering solutions:
- Improved efficiency: 50%+
- Better decision-making: 50%+
- Better team collaboration: 50%+
IBM Rational/Engineering on the following capabilities compared to other vendors/solutions:
- Complete end-to-end solution: Superior
- Compatibility with other tools: Superior
- Integration: Superior
- Customer support: Superior
- Traceability and reporting: Superior
- Comprehensive features: Superior
- Scalability and flexibility: Superior
Confirmed that when looking to purchase licenses or get consulting support for IBM Rational/Engineering products, they are extremely likely to consider 321 Gang first.
Automotive & Transport
About 321 Gang
For over 17 years, 321 Gang has helped organizations improve their ability to design and develop Systems and Software in highly-regulated industries in order to achieve better business outcomes.