General Dynamics Case Study
This case study of General Dynamics is based on a June 2023 survey of 321 Gang customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.
“The main benefit of the IBM ELM suite is that multiple tool sets are available via a single user interface.”
“321 Gang has been very helpful in setting up and maintaining our IBM ELM environment.”
What challenges were you experiencing with your previous solution before switching to IBM Rational/Engineering tools using 321 Gang?
- Poor traceability between tools
- Didn’t include all the functions/features we wanted
Which IBM Rational/Engineering solutions has your organization been using?
- Rational Team Concert/IBM Engineering Workflow
- IBM Rhapsody
- IBM DOORS
- IBM DOORS Next
What are your most important service needs when using 321 Gang services for IBM Rational/Engineering solutions?
- Navigating IBM support
The surveyed company achieved the following results with 321 Gang:
What were the most valuable aspects/features of IBM Rational/Engineering solutions in your decision to choose these products over other solutions?
- Integration with other tools
- Partner support from 321 Gang
What benefits have you experienced after using IBM Rational/Engineering solutions?
- Improved productivity
- Improved quality
Improvements after using IBM Rational/Engineering solutions:
- Improved quality: up to 10%
- Better team collaboration: up to 10%
IBM Rational/Engineering on the following capabilities compared to other vendors/solutions:
- Complete end-to-end solution: Significantly Better
- Compatibility with other tools: Better
- Integration: Significantly Better
- Customer support: Significantly Better
- Traceability and reporting: Better
- Comprehensive features: Better
- Scalability and flexibility: Better
Confirmed that when looking to purchase licenses or get consulting support for IBM Rational/Engineering products, they are very likely to consider 321 Gang first.
About 321 Gang
For over 17 years, 321 Gang has helped organizations improve their ability to design and develop Systems and Software in highly-regulated industries in order to achieve better business outcomes.