Sr. Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Coach
As 321 Gang’s Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) training and consulting business continues to grow, we need to help our compliance-driven hardware, software and firmware engineering clients meet their challenging program and product objectives. We are looking for experienced, highly independent and self-motivated technical professionals to help our clients succeed with their SAFe implementations.
This high-leverage position is for those who can work with 321 Gang’s sellers to help communicate the value of SAFe to prospects, as well as successfully lead and manage large scale SAFe implementations through a combination of training and services.
SAFe Coaches are critical members of 321 Gang’s technical team whose primary role is to provide strategic consulting, training, and services to 321 Gang’s customers. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Work closely with the 321 Gang sales teams to develop Agile transformation plans to meet the customer objectives.
- Define and present to customers product and technology training on both tool solutions and modern software engineering best practices.
- Work on customer engagements to assist in the successful transformations
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced customer-facing professional with a very strong technical and consulting background:
- US resident with the legal right to work in the United States
- 8+ years of experience with working within an Agile framework, including Scrum, Kanban and/or Lean
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Coach
- Scaled Agile SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certification
- 10+ years’ experience providing pre-sales support, solution consulting and/or training for large software and/or systems engineering organizations
- Ability to oversee multiple clients’ SAFe implementations, managing on-site coaches
- Familiarity with mainstream engineering practices/processes including requirements management, V&V, model-driven design (MDD), Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), configuration and change management
- Knowledge of software/product ship cycles, release planning and tracking
- Independent self-starter able to work efficiently with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment
- Adept at customer interactions, including presentations, training, and software implementations
- Excellent presentation, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- Ability to travel at least 50%
- Desire to go above and beyond in a work hard/play hard environment!
- Can be located anywhere in the U.S., as long as nearby a major airport
‘Extra Credit’ Qualifications
Though not necessary, any of the following expertise would make your candidacy that much stronger:
- Security Clearance
- Experience in government programs
- Previous experience in this type of role a plus
- Experience in leading the adoption of Agile work management, MBSE, or PDM tools
- Familiarity with regulatory and/or compliance mechanisms such as DO-178, ASPICE
- Experience working with distributed development teams that span multiple geographies, time zones, and cultures
- You’re a creator of great, reusable content (white papers, classes, blogs, case studies, webcasts, etc.)!
Apply to 321 Gang Now!
If you’re this person, please contact us at careers@321Gang.com
About 321 Gang
321 Gang, based in Scottsdale, AZ, is a highly respected consultancy helping organizations that build complex software and systems in highly regulated environments to:
- Accelerate time to market and consistently meet objectives
- Significantly reduce waste/increase efficiencies
- Adhere to strict compliance/quality assurance mandates
- Adopt processes & practices like MBSE, MDD, Lean, Agile, and the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Implement and adopt development tools from IBM, Tasktop, Sodius, and others.
321 Gang is looking for great technical people who:
- Thrive on working independently- from home
- Truly focus on client success
- Love solving problems for our clients
321 Gang’s systems & software clientele typically fall into one of the following buckets:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Medical Device
- Industrial & Consumer Electronics
- Internet of Things (IoT)