SAFe Scrum Master with SSM Certification July 14-17, 2020 - Virtual
In this two-day course, attendees gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
half days over 4 days — 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM EDT
Instructor Led On Line
After this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
Attending this course prepares you to take the SAFe 5 Scrum Master exam in order to receive the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification.
Intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
Samit began his career as a software engineer on the F-16 Modular Mission Computer program at Texas Instruments (TI) Defense Systems & Electronics – now part of the Raytheon Company. Along with his role as a software engineer at TI and Raytheon, he pursued his passions in the areas of product development, systems engineering, iterative development, and engineering processes as well as tooling to help manage and automate these processes. To further follow his passion, he has provided consulting, training, and mentoring services to guide organizations that develop products and systems while adhering to regulatory compliance requirements. With 321 Gang, Samit has been training and coaching practitioners adopting Scaled Agile Framework in programs developing hardware-inclusive products and systems.
Samit has 20+ years of supporting clients in their organizational transformations as they adopt new processes and tools. He’s worked collaboratively with key stakeholders (from executives to practitioners) to formulate iterative approaches to organizational transformation. He has taken on various roles such as a trainer, coach, tools deployment engineer, project manager – he does what’s necessary to advance the client’s business goals. Samit seeks to understand an organization’s domain specific needs and assists in tailoring process standards so that they can be adopted incrementally with a constant focus on improving business outcomes.
Doug Stewart has a passion for Systems & Software Development and Development Process Improvement. His first job was to automate the calculations for the calculus associated with noise levels in enclosures like truck and auto cabs and to predict vibration patterns in oil and transmission pans. This reduced the analysis time by 75%. The practical application of technology and practice to become more efficient has been a consistent theme throughout his career.
As Director of Services for 321 Gang, Doug brings with him more than 30 years of experience in systems and application development, where he has played a wide variety of roles, from business and system analysis to deployment, tech sales support and project management.
A veteran trainer and instructor, Doug is a keen proponent of de-mystifying Agile development for adopters, while assisting them in meeting corporate and regulatory standards. He does this by drawing upon his extensive experience in development and prototyping techniques.
His work includes a diverse range of large-scale projects, including government programs, municipal GIS systems, and social networking, accounting, and insurance IT applications. He has also worked extensively on aerospace and military software development projects, including the International Space Station’s Canadarm, as well as various data management, fire control and tactical systems.
In recent years, Doug has been working as an Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Coach to help organizations achieve business agility through better practices and tools. Combining SAFe with more than 25 years of IBM Rational tool experience gives a complete set of capabilities to help customers address their enterprise-level systems and software development needs.
Since becoming a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) in 2015, Doug has led the following Agile Release Train (ART) launches:
- A Missile System Program (co-led)
- A Military Radio Program
- An Aircraft Simulation Program
Course Fee $1,195 per student. Early bird, quantity, and corporate discounts may apply during registration
- Registrants who cancel at least fifteen (15 days) before the start of the course will receive a full refund.
- Registrants who cancel between eight (8) and fourteen (14) days before the start of the course may register for another course offered by 321 Gang within a six (6) months. The course tuition may be of the same or less than the tuition for the original course, or the registrant may pay the difference for courses with higher tuition fees. No refunds will be given.
- Registrants who cancel seven (7) days or less before the start of the course will forfeit the tuition. No refunds will be issued or changes allowed.
- 321 Gang reserves the right to cancel any course offering up to 14 days before the start of class. A full refund or a seat in another class of equal value will be offered. 321 Gang is not responsible for any costs incurred by students as a result of a cancellation.