SAFe ART QuickstartAccelerate your SAFe transformation
There are many ways to successfully launch an Agile Release Train (ART) to begin realizing the benefits of SAFe. However, experience has shown that the easiest and fastest way to do this is through the SAFe ART Quickstart approach.
Using this approach, all teams on the ART are trained together, and the first Program Increment (PI) planning session is completed in just one week. While this may seem daunting, hundreds of rollouts have proven that this is the easiest and most pragmatic way to help 100-plus people transition to the new way of working.
Three main elements of the SAFe ART Quickstart:
In order to advise and assist with the preparation tasks, the Quickstart typically includes one or more days of consultation (delivered remotely).
- SAFe for Teams training
In the first two days of the Quickstart we will train your Agile teams in SAFe principles, practices, and how to execute as a Scrum/Kanban team working within a SAFe context.
- Program Increment (PI) Planning:
In the final two days of your Quickstart, we will partner with ART leadership to facilitate the first PI Planning event for the new ART.
Dependent on the existing level of agile experience.
Please contact us for more information.
- The Value Stream Workshop should be held prior to the SAFe ART Quickstart to identify the first value stream and ART to launch
- Leading SAFe training for Executives, Business Owners, and other key ART stakeholders
- SAFe Scrum Master training for all Scrum Masters on the ART
- SAFe Product Management/Product Owner training for these roles on the ART
- A well-defined vision, roadmap, and program backlog
- Executive sponsors and Business Owners
- Change agents and Certified SAFe® Program Consultants (SPCs)
- Product Managers and Product Owners
- System Architects and Development Managers
- Release Train Engineers and Scrum Masters
- Agile team members
- How to plan, execute, and learn together as an Agile team with an ART
- How to conduct a Program Increment (PI) planning event
- How to prepare for the SAFe ART Quickstart and launch your first ART
- The Agile teams will be fully formed
- Teams engage in collective learning that starts forming the social network that the ART depends upon
- The features for the PI will be ready
- Teams form their own identities
- Executives, Business Owners, and other key stakeholders will be trained and aligned with the new ways of thinking and doing
- Specialty roles, such as Product Owners and Scrum Masters will be prepared for their new responsibilities