IBM Rational Team Concert for Developers
Rational Team Concert (RTC) is an integrated software development solution that supports and automates the latest development practices for continuous delivery, adaptive planning, project visibility, and team communication. It enables interaction and collaboration among all participants in the systems development process and provides an integrated solution for configuration management, change management, defect tracking, build management, and project visibility. RTC is built on IBM’s new Jazz technology.
This course shows developers how to collaborate using these software best practices with RTC. The class discusses task management, source control, build management, and dashboards. Participants learn how to collaborate on source changes, baseline software versions, build those changes, and view progress in dashboards. Participants also learn advanced RTC topics including multi-stream development, custom work types, and supporting reviews.
Classroom (Hands-on labs) or Online Instructor-Led
Exercises use Java source files, but prior Java experience is not required
- Understand how Team Concert supports agile best practices for systems and software developmentUse Team Concert in a collaborative environment by defining work, performing work, merging work changes in to the repository, and continuously building those changesCommunicate status and trends with RTC dashboards and reports
- Introduction to best practices and Rational Team Concert
- Organizing activities with work items, including custom work item
- Release and iteration planning
- Configuration management, including multi-stream development
- Build management
- Project dashboards and reporting
This basic course is for:
Engineers and Developers
Printed student manuals and workbooks