Improving Your Requirements Elicitation Techniques
You can reduce project risk with best practices requirements elicitation techniques. This topic covers the 10 techniques that will allow you to document processes and high-level capabilities, clarify user expectations, identify gaps and conflicts, and prioritize requirements. This course is the second in a series that presents industry best practices for requirements definition and management.
4-8 hours, self-paced
Pre-recorded online curriculum with video, exercises, and labs
- Understand the responsibilities of the business analyst and customer.
- Know how and when to apply each of the 10 elicitation techniques
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each technique
- Apply best-practices to requirements elicitation
- Introduction: What is requirements elicitation?
- Business analyst: Responsibilities and challenges
- Techniques overview
- The most popular elicitation techniques
- Business analyst tips
- Facilitator tips
Anyone involved in defining user requirements for complex, large or mission-critical projects, including but not limited to business analysts.
Certificate: 8 PDUs from International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
$395 per student