Mastering IBM Rational ClearQuest Administration
This course provides training for administering and customizing Rational ClearQuest. It examines planning and implementing defect and change request tracking processes, customizing Rational ClearQuest to facilitate these operations, and administering the ClearQuest system. This course is recommended for new Rational ClearQuest administrators or system architects who want to learn to manage the defect and change tracking process with Rational ClearQuest.
Classroom (Hands-on labs)
Students should have completed either:
SCM110: Principles of Defect and Change Tracking with Rational ClearQuest (or)
Instructor- Led Training (on-site only)
SCM290: Essentials of Rational ClearQuest (Equivalent to SCM110)
To benefit from this course, students must:
- Have some basic knowledge of relational database management systems.
- Know the meaning of defect and change tracking.
- Be able to use Rational SoDA for project documentation.
- Be able to develop scripts with VBScript and Perl.
- Understand the need for collaborative development.
- Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Plan and implement defect and change tracking processes.
- Understand the structure of ClearQuest schemas and packages.
- Use ClearQuest to track defects and change requests.
- Customize ClearQuest with ClearQuest Designer.
- Develop automation processes using ClearQuest API functions.
- Administer ClearQuest user and group accounts.
- Understand the functionality of ClearQuest Web and ClearQuest e-mail subsystems.
- Administer a ClearQuest system including installation, upgrade, import, export, and integration.
- Module 1: The architecture of Rational ClearQuest
- Module 2: Planning and implementing defect and change tracking processes
- Module 3: Using Rational ClearQuest to submit change requests, modify existing records, run queries, create charts, and generate reports
- Module 4: Understanding ClearQuest schemas and packages
- Module 5: How to use the Rational ClearQuest Designer to customize the defect and change tracking process
- Module 6: How to use the Rational ClearQuest Designer to customize fields and forms
- Module 7: How to use hooks and scripts to enhance the defect and change tracking mechanism
- Module 8: How to call ClearQuest API functions in external application programs
- Module 9: ClearQuest system requirements and how to deploy and install Rational ClearQuest
- Module 10: How to manage user and group accounts in ClearQuest
- Module 11: How to use ClearQuest Web and ClearQuest e-mail subsystems
- Module 12: How to perform import and export operations in ClearQuest
- Module 13: How to integrate ClearQuest with other Rational Software products such as Rational ClearCase, and with third party products such as Microsoft Project 2000.
- Appendix A: ClearQuest UNIX command line interface
This course is recommended for new Rational ClearQuest administrators or system architects who want to learn to manage the defect and change tracking process.
For students interested in continued learning in this field, we suggest taking:
- Instructor-led training
- Rational ClearQuest MultiSite Administration