Efficient Document Production with IBM Rational Publishing Engine
This course provides an introduction to Rational Publishing Engine. It teaches participants how to generate documents that pull information from various sources, and how to design document templates to support the publishing needs in their company.
Onsite or Online
You should have:
- Basic knowledge about XML files and XML schema definitions
- Some knowledge of Telelogic DOORS, Telelogic Tau, Rational RequisitePro, or Rational ClearQuest
- Some knowledge of Object Oriented concepts such as inheritance and encapsulation
- Use the Rational Publishing Engine Launcher to configure documentation generation for projects.
- Generate documents that integrate information from various sources.
- Design document templates that meet the document generation needs of the company.
- Introduction and configuration
- Generating documents
- Creating basic Rational Publishing Engine templates
- Advanced template concepts
- Template creation for Telelogic DOORS
- Template creation for Tau UML models
- Template creation via XML files
- Template creation for Rational ClearQuest
- Template creation for Rational RequisitePro
- Automating document generation
This basic course is for:
- Project support teams
- System and software engineers
- Program or project managers
Printed student manuals and workbooks