As the 321 Gang Software Sales Representative, you will be responsible for finding and closing opportunities for IBM Rational specific solutions. You will work with a virtual team to create solutions which are tailored to client’s business needs and integrate the IBM/Analytics CE brand capabilities in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition. This role requires working relationships with various IBM account teams, Technical Sales Professionals, Product Management, IBM executives, and Business Partners.
- Build and manage territory and account plans including identification and management of Strategic Accounts
- Grow solution sales through new customer acquisitions and expanding installed bases
- Establish a qualified pipeline by prioritizing and diviiding your time around the three stages of selling: prospecting, progressing, and closing
- Effectively and assertively manage all aspects of a complex sales cycle, both direct and with business partner engagement
- Weekly reporting providing an accurate forecast for assigned territory and accounts
- Meet quarterly assigned revenue targets
- Quickly identify how IBM Rational solutions can address those challenges and articulate a compelling solution in the midst of competitive offerings
- Be conversational in the key aspects (including business challenges) of complex software product development and customer challenges
- Ability to manage a territory and to identify key accounts that are involved with delivering software as part of the products the offer to their clients
- Possess Consultative Selling skills to engage and demonstrate value to your accounts in the embedded software Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) domain
- Ability to independently engage clients
- Ability to lead a virtual team by formulating, communicating, and executing solution based sales plans with a team of technical and industry domain subject matter experts.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint solutions
Passionate about Rational? So are we!
Please email Pat McDermott – email@example.com, for more information about the position.